Chelation comes from the Greek word “claw”, meaning “to grab”, which is exactly what EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) does. When a molecule of EDTA travels through the bloodstream and gets near a toxic metal such as lead or mercury, it grabs the destructive particle and binds tightly to it, pulling it out of the membrane or body tissue it was embedded in. Since EDTA is an artificial amino acid, and since the body regards it as a foreign substance, the body eliminates the entre particle-the heavy particle coated with EDTA.
The body can’t tell that underneath the coating is some harmful material that it might be willing to keep even though it is harmful. Ultimately, both the EDTA and toxic substances are delivered to the kidneys, which excrete them in the urine. Recently, researchers came up with an added explanation for chelation’s heart health benefits. The lining of the arteries(endothelium) produces several vital substances that reduce blood flow resistance. For example, the endothelium helps with capillary relaxation and expansion.
Prostacyclin, a prostaglandin which slows blood platelet aggregation and promotes vasodilation, and heparin, a natural blood thinner, which prevents clotting. All these substances are critical to maintaining optimal circulation. Excess heavy metals in the body can diminish the endothelium’s ability to produce nitric acid, prostacyclin, and heparin, a triple whammy for your health. Chelation therapy removes those toxic heavy metals, restoring optimal production of these substances critical to cardiovascular health.
1. Removes or reduces angina (chest pain).
2. Helps with shortness of breath in coronary disease.
3. Improve memory-reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s.
4. Reduces blood pressure in about 60% of high blood pressure patients.
5. Can eliminate intermittent claudication- leg cramps, pain, and numbness due to poor circulation.
6. Can reverse diabetic gangrene.
7. Can restore impaired vision, especially those with macular degeneration.
8. Prevents the deposition of cholesterol in the liver.
9. Reduces blood cholesterol levels.
10. Reverses the toxic effects from digitalis excess.
11. Can normalize 50% of irregular heart
13. Relaxes excess heart contractions.
14. Increases potassium within the cells of the body.
15. Removes lead, cadmium, mercury, and many other toxic heavy metals from the body.
16. Dissolves kidney stones.
17. Reduces serum iron and protects against iron poisoning and iron storage in the liver.
18. Reduces heart valve calcification.
19. Helps prevent osteoarthritis and reduces the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
20. It can reduce the effects of scleroderma, an autoimmune disorder.
21. Reduces the need for bypass surgery.