Tips / FAQS
WELLNESS SERVICES – COLONICS – Faqs and Tips
What you need to know:
1. Is colon hydrotherapy safe?
Yes. In fact, sessions are much safer and easier than the common enema.
2. How does a colon hydrotherapy treatment compare to an enema?
An enema only reaches the rectum and lower part of the colon, whereas with colon hydrotherapy the entire length of the colon is reached and it and it is many more times effective. According to learned centenarian Dr. Norman Walker, “One colon irrigation is equivalent to 30 enemas.”
3. Do I need a Doctor Referral for a Colon Hydrotherapy Session?
Yes, Federal law requires a prescription from your doctor for colonics. You may bring your own or obtain one from our medical director for a $35 fee. We will need your colonic intake form completed and sent to us 48 hours in advance of scheduling your first appointment. Only clients with a prescription can book an appointment online. Please call us if you have questions about your prescription or would like to book an appointment.
4. Does the treatment hurt? What is the difference between the “open” & “closed” system ?
Certainly! Actually, quite a few individuals describe their experiences with colon hydrotherapy as not only rejuvenating but also profoundly soothing. All new clients to colon hydrotherapy will be scheduled for the closed system. The closed system is administered by a skilled certified colon hydrotherapist who will be with you throughout the entire treatment. Please for a detailed explanation of the open and closed systems.
5. To what extent does colon hydrotherapy effectively purify the intestines?
A thorough colon cleansing can be achieved through a professionally supervised procedure, ensuring a complete purification of the entire colon. While the small intestine typically plays a minor role in this process, it can still benefit from a thorough purification by using an oral intestinal cleanser.
Are there any contraindications to colon hydrotherapy?
If you’re feeling uncertain about your well-being or have any doubts regarding whether colon hydrotherapy is suitable for your needs, it’s advisable to seek guidance from your doctor or healthcare professional.
Contraindications for the use of Colon Hydrotherapy includes, but may not be limited to: recent colon, rectal or Abdominal surgery, congestive heart failure, intestinal perforations, carcinoma of the rectum, fissures or fistula, severe hemorrhoids,
Abdominal hernias, kidney dysfunction, being in either the initial or final stages of pregnancy, or dealing with liver cirrhosis are all significant health concerns. However, when it comes to expertly administered colon hydrotherapy, it is generally considered a low-risk procedure.
6. Is there any possibility of bacterial or viral contamination from prior use of the colon hydrotherapy equipment?
Both the Angel of Water system, & ClearWater system uses single-use, sterile rectal nozzles. The use of sterile disposables coupled with the implementation of both systems multi-stage sanitation protocol with EPA registered disinfectants leaves no danger of contamination.
7. How long does a session take?
Actual session time is about 45-60 minutes, but you should plan on about 1 hr 15 mins for your first consultation with session.
8.Is there any impact on the colon hydrotherapy session when it coincides with your menstrual cycle? Well, for some, it’s actually seen as an opportune moment because your body is naturally detoxifying. Your menstruation won’t hinder the effectiveness of the session. Nonetheless, there are women who opt to schedule their cleansing session for post-period days.
9.How can I get ready for a colon hydrotherapy session? Avoid consuming any food for approximately two hours before the treatment, strive to stay calm, and maintain a positive and upbeat demeanor.
10. Is it possible for me to encounter any intestinal unease or weariness following the detoxification process? Generally, most individuals do not, although individual experiences can vary. A few people have mentioned a mild sense of fatigue, akin to what you might feel after an intense workout. To enhance your post-session comfort, we offer a serene relaxation space exclusively for our valued clients, where you can enjoy a cup of soothing tea either before or after your session. If you’re feeling uneasy, don’t hesitate to reach out to your professional colon hydrotherapist for guidance.
11. Is it permissible to engage in work immediately following a colon hydrotherapy session?
Certainly. You can continue working as usual following a typical bowel movement.
12. Will I be left alone during the colon hydrotherapy session?
No. A certified colon hydrotherapist practitioner will be with you throughout the session for both your comfort and safety.